By Jim Wiese
Dig into the technological know-how of precedent days and unearth notable discoveries!
* have you puzzled the place paper comes from, who made the 1st identified maps, or how the traditional Egyptians have been capable of construct the pyramids?
* do you want to make your personal sundial, realize tips on how to notice earthquakes, or learn how to write in hieroglyphics?
* Are you trying to find nice rules to your subsequent technological know-how reasonable undertaking?
in the event you responded "Yes" to any of those questions, then old technological know-how is for you! From Greek lighthouses and Roman bridges to chinese language kites and Mesopotamian cleaning soap, you will examine many of the maximum medical discoveries and the folk who brought them to the area. Dozens of fun-packed actions assist you see for your self how the earliest people cultivated crops, why tools make diversified sounds, how fireworks get their explosive energy, and lots more and plenty extra. all the initiatives are secure and straightforward to do, and all you wish is daily stuff from round the condo. So step again in time and take an awesome trip with historical technological know-how!
Read Online or Download Ancient Science. 40 Time-Traveling, World-Exploring, History-Making Activities for Kids PDF
Similar children's ebooks books
Discover why the wooded area is an ideal habitat for animals like porcupines, bears, and deer.
This early paintings by way of Dorothy Wall used to be initially released in 1933 and we're now republishing it with a new introductory biography. 'Blinky invoice: The old fashioned Little Australian' is a kid's tale approximately Australia's preferred mischievous koala. Dorothy Wall was once born on January the twelfth, 1894 in New Zealand.
Making fit and nutritious nutrients offerings could be a problem in lots of eating places. Readers will study extra approximately tips on how to use their math talents to estimate component sizes and choose balanced foodstuff from eating place menus.
- Winning Track and Field for Girls
- Athletic Shoes
- Make Your Point. Creating Powerful Presentations
- The Shadowlord
Additional resources for Ancient Science. 40 Time-Traveling, World-Exploring, History-Making Activities for Kids
A machine may change the direction of a force. For example, a rope thrown over a tree branch can be used to lift a box. The box is lifted up by you pulling down on the opposite end of the rope. 3. A machine may multiply speed or distance. 4. A machine may multiply force. The amount by which a machine can multiply a force is called mechanical advantage. You can calculate the mechanical advantage of any machine by using the following equation: mechanical advantage = load force effort force Load force is the force needed to move the object without the machine, and effort force is the force needed to move the object with the machine.
3. Pour the curds from the strainer back into the pan and add 1⁄4 teaspoon (1 ml) of baking soda. Stir gently. Don’t be surprised if the baking soda reacts with any leftover vinegar by bubbling. 4. Slowly add water, a small amount at a time, to the mixture until the resulting glue is the right consistency for your use. 5. Test your glue by pasting two pieces of paper together. Explanation Your glue should be able to hold two pieces of paper together. This project is an example of a chemical reaction.
Place the paper towel on the table. 2. Put the cereal on the paper towel. 3. Blow up the balloon and knot the end. 4. Rub the balloon several times on the wool sweater. 5. Bring the balloon near the cereal. Observe what happens. 65 cm) long. Are these small items attracted to the balloon? Explanation The cereal is attracted to the balloon, as are small bits of paper and dried grass. This experiment works because of static electricity, which is electricity that does not ﬂow. All objects are made of atoms, and every atom has an equal number of protons and electrons.
Ancient Science. 40 Time-Traveling, World-Exploring, History-Making Activities for Kids by Jim Wiese